Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sunset and the Santa Monica Pier

Howdy Rodents!

Yesterday after I posted the sushi pictures, Donna and I had a telephone conversation with the photographer who is going to be shooting our stills for the print version of the campaign next Thursday and Friday. His name is Embry Rucker and he is incredibly talented and very nice too.

After that I talked on the phone with Mommy and Noah and Lily and watched a little bit of basketball on TV.

Around 5:30 I grabbed the camera and walked down to the beach. I've been looking forward to going down there at sunset all week to take some pictures of the sun setting into the Pacific Ocean.

Here are some pictures I took while I was down there.

This first picture was actually taken from the hotel.



These pictures were taken at the top of the cliff that overlooks the beach.









There is a cannon on top of the cliff. No explanation.







This is the footbridge that goes from the top of the cliff to the beach. The bridge crosses the Pacific Coast Highway.



I took this picture from the footbridge.



Finally, the beach! Actually, there's not much to see here. The beach is very wide and flat. I didn't want to get sand in my shoes and it was too cold out to take them off.





Luckily, the Santa Monica Pier was just a couple hundred yards south of me. I walked down there and had a great view of the Ocean.











There is a small theme park on the Pier with a rollercoaster and a ferris wheel. There's also mini golf and an arcade.











A few more of the sun setting.









Goodnight, Sun.



And then on the way home I saw a giant bear skeleton in a store window.



I love you guys! I'm kind of thinking about doing touristy stuff today. I'll take a lot more pictures.

I miss you like crazy.

Love,
Daddy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Daddy,

Hi. This is Noah. I'm going to draw paper pictures for you. I'm going to draw pictures of suns setting.

bye-bye.

Love,
Noah

Anonymous said...

Dada,

Cannon. Scare me. Bridge. Bridge. Bridge. Bridge. Bridge. Bridge. Uh-huh. (Kissie sounds)
(more Kissie sounds)

Love,
Lily

Jamin Hoyle said...

Wow. What wonderful messages from my babies. Sunsets and cannons and kissies. That's wonderful.

I can't wait to see your pictures of suns setting, Noah. And I can't wait to get real kissies from you, my Lily.

I will be home soon for both.

Love,
your Daddy